Work is something most of us have to do if we want to eat. Sure, we can be lazy and hope someone else will feed us; but I believe working was ordained by God and when we work, it brings Him pleasure (Ecclesiastes 5:19). Sometimes the workplace can be a hazardous place, not physically, but emotionally. God gives us some insight on how to Work it, in the Workplace. If you are having problems in your workplace these insights are for you.
- Be a planner. What you do daily will determine your success. You cannot eat cookies, candy, and pie every day and expect to lose weight. Write down the vision for your daily work tasks (Proverbs 21:5).
- Stay focused on God’s plan for you at work. Everyone is not meant to be the boss. There is the queen bee and there are worker bees. If God did not call you to be the Queen, be obedient and accountable to the Queen (Ephesians 6:5-8).
- Help others succeed and prosper. There are times when you have to work as a team. If you have a struggling team member, be sure to help them succeed and prosper. God will reward your diligence (Galatians 6:9).
- Become a Problem Solver. Are you a problem solver or problem creator? You will be rewarded for the problems you solve. What problems are you assigned to solve in your workplace? Do it diligently (Proverbs 3:4-6, TLB).
- Honor the Process. You were created to grow. Learn things; study. Be a listener. Despise not your small beginnings. God gave us seeds, not full-grown plants; acorns not trees, and babies not full-grown individuals. There is a process. Be clear about your growth potential in the workplace (2 Peter 1:5-6).
- Pray, pray, and then pray some more. You will not make it without God’s help. He is the author and finisher of our faith and He wants you to call on Him for help. He leans down to listen when we call, so pray without ceasing (Psalm 116:2).
Follow these guidelines and you will have success in the workplace. Let your light shine brightly before those with whom you work (Matthew 5:16). Success and failure as both possible outcomes; but you can guarantee success by:
- Obtaining the correct information
- Show your motivation
- Associate with the right people, respect those in authority
God has made a promise to you. He will help you to Work it, in the Workplace and He will promote you. Be blessed.